Heroes

Heroes is an American science fiction drama television series. But don't let that put you off. The show tells the story of several people who "thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities" such as telepathy, time travel and flight. These people soon realize they have a role in preventing a catastrophe and saving mankind. Incidentally, why is that genetic mutants in films and TV have amazingly useful and impressive abilities, as opposed to things like the ability to hold their breath for a rather long time, or the ability to have quite thick soled feet?



Anyway, I started watching this series on tv links, and although it can be a little bit hammy, I'm enjoying it. It doesn't suffer from that curious 'Lost' ailment of revealing so little each week that it rapidly becomes uninteresting, and the charachters are rather laughable, but as a result, quite loveable. My favourite of all is a rather hilarious if stereotyped Japanese man called Hiro. Of course, the show's producers take every opportunity to make not-quite-as-clever-as-they-sounded-in-your-head puns on Hiro's name, and the eponymous show's title. I would recommend it as post-luncheon type watching, quite entertaining, not too heavy, easy to catch up on, and not so addictive that you have to immediately watch all the other episodes.

Labels:

posted by danny @ 12:41,

1 Comments:

At 15 July 2007 at 10:19, Blogger Unknown said...

Strange but true, I have a very similar review of Heroes in my drafts.... I feel silly about putting it up now, so I'll wait a few weeks.

I love it, it's my antidote to lost, as Heroes answers questions you never knew you wanted to ask, which feel like revelations.

Lost was just like: "Oh, there's a polar bear in the jungle."

As subtle as being shot in the face with Mr Blobby bullet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home