Creation Science - surely an oxymoron?

Argh Creationists. I think they are rubbish.

No but seriously. They are lame. What makes us people is that we are self-conscious and rational. For me, faith in a God is a betrayal of our rational aspect. I am not convinced by any argument for God, telelogical, ontological or cosmological. I accept that science is not indubitable knowledge, but it has an awful lot of support for it. As hypotheses go, it's probably a good bet.

I went to a Christian Union meeting about a month ago as they were having a lecture called, 'Why there is a God.' Pretty loaded title. The guy leading it was completely blind to debate though, and I was so disenchanted, having gone in with an open mind, ready to hear what would be said. His defence of God ended up with him saying no one would really be able to understand and accept this 'truth' until they let God into their hearts. I told him this was essentially a tautology, that we would only believe in God when we beleived in God, but he just mumbled something about faith.

Still, I would rather kids in America get taught Creationism and Evolutionism side by side then not got taught about contraception at all.

Labels: ,

posted by danny @ 03:33,

3 Comments:

At 7 July 2007 at 05:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You makes me laugh. At you of course!

 
At 8 July 2007 at 10:23, Blogger olileauk said...

The youtube video made no sense. In fact, it just confused me a great deal. You may enjoy my latest blog, though it makes not a lot of sense.

 
At 9 July 2007 at 14:29, Blogger danny said...

How does it not make sense?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home