giz a job...


I am very poor, and I haven't got a whole lot to do either. Those are my main two reasons for wanting a job. But can I get one? Oh no. The girl who sat next to me at TVU who didn't bother to write anything in her Moral Philosophy exam had a job, but I do not. I gave in 8 CV's / application forms today, and I was rather expecting to come home to an answering machine full of requests for me. But sadly this has not happened. I can tell you the difference between a dactyl a trochee and a spondee, the origin of the word oxymoron, or who won the Princess Elizabeth at HRR for the last 5 or 6 years running, but clearly this is not enough. Rubbish I say. I'm employment gold. Why will no one see this. Woe is me. I want to make money to travel to exotic climes, like the Shetland Islands, and Bognor Regis. How can I do it without a job though?

Basically, I'm in a bad bad mood. I feel substantially overqualified for the majority of jobs I have applied for, academically and in terms of personal charachter, and while I know I don't have much experience, I'm willing to learn and quite quick off the mark, but none of that really matters if I can't get one. I would clean toilets. I really would I want the cash so bad. Sigh....

posted by danny @ 08:45,

2 Comments:

At 10 July 2007 at 09:16, Blogger Unknown said...

I was in Canary Wharf earlier, talking to a guy who works for the Independent. He started with menial jobs, and worked his way up, even though he's only about 25.

I just want to start at the top... I don't want to slum it.... I'm too lazy, and despite having no qualifications, I'm waiting for some important person to read my blog and offer me a job.

 
At 13 July 2007 at 03:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings!

Having read your heart-felt plea, I've decided to give you a job. I would like YOU to be my personal toilet cleaner. My "toilet duck" perhaps. I think you would do a good job at making the area spotless, even with my tendency to miss the bowl.

Many thanks,
T.S.S Pot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home