Kent struck by earthquake!

My oh my, looks like Kent is the new OC. Mind, the damage seems to ahve been fairly limited, and the locals seem to have blown it up in the way that only old aged tory-voting Brits can do. Here is the link from the Beeb.

Makes for fairly hilarious reading. Here are some of my favourite responses to this, what a Sky Newscaster claimed today as 'a national emergency.'

Paul Smye-Rumsby, who lives in Dover, said: "It was about 08.15 when suddenly the bed shook violently. "I thought my wife had got cramp or something but then I saw the curtains were moving and the whole house was shaking.

And thanks to Ben Macphee in Canterbury for the following startling display of elementary logic. I was woken up by the bed shaking, my first thought was 'this feels like an earthquake' but then I thought 'this is Kent, we don't get earthquakes'. Apparently we do.

Karol Steele from Dover probably gives the most honest account of (the very little) that happened:
"The seagulls went crazy and in parts of Dover the electricity is off."

Need I say more?


posted by danny @ 04:56,

1 Comments:

At 28 April 2007 at 12:11, Blogger Unknown said...

I blame Labour. If the Conservatives were in power, this kind of natural phenomenon wouldn't have happened.

Oh, I also blame Royal Mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home